- Who we are and how to contact us
- Your rights relating to your Personal Data
- Marketing communications preferences
- What Personal Data we collect
- Personal data collected in games
- How we use your Personal Data and why
- Who we share your Personal Data with
- How long we store your Personal Data
- Where we store your Personal Data
- How we protect your Personal Data
- Our policy on children’s privacy
- Links to other websites
1. WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
WHO WE ARE.
HOW TO CONTACT US.
2. YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right under this Privacy and Cookies Policy, and by law to:
- Request access to your Personal Data. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to object processing your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for doing so. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. This enables you to get your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent. This right only exists where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data (“Consent Withdrawal”). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to the certain specific functionalities of our site or other services that we provide.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS.
To exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us using the contact details in Who We Are and How to Contact Us. Typically, you will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, except in relation to Consent Withdrawal, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive, or, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one week.
3. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by:
- following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you; or
- contacting us at any time using the contact details in Who We Are and How to Contact Us.
Please note that you can not opt out from Automatic system messages, like resetting account password.
4. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
EscapeTrails uses Personal Data that you provide us directly to market and provide the services
For services that include the Mooveteam or MooveGo app please use Mooveteam please refer to their policy for further details https://www.mooveteam.com/privacy-policy/
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US DIRECTLY.
The Personal Data we may collect from you is outlined below.
- Identity Data: Full name
- Contact Data: Email address, telephone number, company information and billing data
- Online presence: Link to your company website
- Transaction Data: Any details about payments to and from you and other details of subscriptions and services you have purchased from us.
- Content Data: Any content you post to the Services, including game content (questions, media etc), preference settings, messages and other contributions on the Services, ( “Content”).
- Marketing and Communications Data: Your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. If you correspond with us by email or messaging through the Services, we may retain the content of such messages and our responses.
- We also collect data via Escapetrails.co that includes:
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Contact forms
- We collect name, emails, and any other information users provide. We do not and will not ever sell or give away personal data. We keep data for 90 days before purging and will only ever send emails by request or with permission.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- We use Google Analytics to track user data to help improve our services.
- No Special Categories of Personal Data: We do not collect any “Special Categories of Personal Data” about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership,
- information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
5. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED IN GAMES
GAMES AND PLAYERS
Mooveteam allows Users (Game Creators such as EscapeTrails) to create out- and indoor games for Players. Players are individual players or teams. Players are not required to have a registration or subscription and do not need to provide any personal information to play games. To play the game the Players need to provide a name for the playing entity (team or person, real of fictional). This provided name is used only within the specific game and is not used anywhere else.
DO NOT REQUEST PERSONAL DATA IN GAMES
We advice against asking for any kind of Personal Data within games, but it is possible that clients may request this built in the game in a way that asks for Personal Data from the Players through a third party link. It is also possible that players will need to take photos or shoot videos about themselves, other players or their teams. Game results (answers, tracks, photos and videos) are public and therefore it is not a suitable channel for collecting any Personal Data from the Players. For photos and videos these will be provided to clients after an event and then deleted from the Mooveteam platform. With permission we may use some images fro marketing purposes.
PLAYERS RIGHTS ABOUT THEIR DATA
EscapeTrails as game creators will not set up the questions and games in a way that asks for Players personal data or puts Players in a position where they need to provide information potentially embarrassing or harmful for them. If you as a Player feel that the information you provided during the game (including your name, email, any answers to questions, photos or videos) should be removed from the results pages you should turn to the person that provided or conducted the game you participated in. EscapeTrails has the right and responsibility to remove the content about the participant or delete the full data set about the game.
As a safeguard and in the unlikely occurrence that EscapeTrails can not be contacted or is not willing to cooperate then Player is advised to contact Mooveteam directly at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying exact information that should be removed. Mooveteam will first attempt to contact EscapeTrails to remove this info. If EscapeTrails fails to do this Mooveteam will remove the information from the servers.
USING DATA PROVIDED BY PLAYERS FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
EscapeTrails will never use information such as images and videos for marketing purposes without written consent. Images and videos will be deleted after an event from the Mooveteam platform and given to the client.
Mooveteam will never rent or sell data provided by the Players. Mooveteam will not use photos or videos created by the Players in any marketing or sales activities without explicit written consent by the account owner. For further details https://www.mooveteam.com/privacy-policy/
6. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHY
We generally use Personal Data for the following: to deliver and improve our Services; to manage your event and provide you with customer support; website or mobile application analytics.
We may also rely on your consent as a legal basis for using your Personal Data where we have expressly sought it for a specific purpose. If we do rely on your consent to a use of your Personal Data, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place). We have set out below more detailed examples of relevant purposes for which we may use your Personal Data.
- Providing, updating, and maintaining our Services, Site and business: To deliver the Services you have requested, including, for example, registering you and others as players. Although we will mostly do this in cooperation with clients. Such as distribution of game codes to employees or large groups. We will not store these details after the event has been complete and they will be deleted.
- Processing payments: To process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on our Site or third party payments sites,
- Communicating with users about the Services: To send communications via email and within the Services, including, for example, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, product updates, security alerts, and administrative, billing and account management related messages. We may also provide tailored communications based on your activity and interactions with us.
- Providing customer support: To resolve issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, comments and questions.
- Marketing: To send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including, for example blog updates by email
- To protect Players: It is very important to us that Players rights are protected, so we may use your contact details if the participants in an event have queries about data we may have provided you such as photos, images and answers to questions during the game.
- Displaying game results: Data from the games is displayed in results pages. If within a game personal data is asked then it may be displayed on results pages. Normally EscapeTrails would recommend clients not to request this information although in certain circumstances this may be required due to the purpose of the ‘game’ – for example Health and Safety Training, Induction Training and so forth where clients (employers) need to assess answers given by individuals/teams.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO NOT PROVIDE NECESSARY PERSONAL DATA?
Where we need to process your Personal Data to perform the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract. In this case, we may have to stop you using our Services or cancel an event. This is normally payment related. Fr game setup personal data is not required and we can set up team logins and so forth for the client to distribute.
8. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We will not share your Personal Data with third parties under any circumstance.
Data generated by Players is shared with clients via public result pages. We cannot guarantee or limit access to it as it can be shared by anybody having the active link – although we only share it directly with the client. If the Game Results contain data that is a safety concern or violates somebody’s rights, the right action is to remove the data (photos or videos) or to delete the full data set. However, this is normally done routinely after the vent and results have been shared.
9. HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
On the Escaperails website (www.escapetrails.co) If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
For games using Mooveteam we will retain your information for as long as your event is being planned and executed or it is reasonably needed for the purposes set out in How We Use Your Personal Data and Why unless you request that we remove your Personal Data as described in Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data. We will only retain your Personal Data for so long as we reasonably need to use it for these purposes unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
10. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
EscapeTrails services are conducted from the USA. For the most part we store information using third party providers (Subprocessors) to store and process your data. Subporcessors are outside the direct control of EscapeTrails (for example servers or databases located at hosting providers).
Here is a non-exclusive list of subprocessors and what they are used for.
- Amazon Web Services: Storage
- Google Suite: storage and mail
- Google Analytics: Analytics, tracking.
- FlyWheel: Webhosting
- Mailchimp: newsletters and marketing communication
- WordPress: Support chat services on EscapeTrails webpage
- Wave: invoicing and accounting
For game specific information for Mooveteam please refer to https://www.mooveteam.com/privacy-policy/ section 10 which is summarised below:
Mooveteam services are maintained from Spain. We rely on third party providers (Subprocessors) to store and process your data. Subporcessors are outside the direct control of Mooveteam (for example servers or databases located at hosting providers).
Here is a non-exclusive list of subprocessors and what they are used for.
- Amazon Web Services: Storage
- Online.net: Media files from games
- Google Analytics: Analytics, tracking.
- Google Firebase: chat messages between players, game update, physical tracks
- Campaign Monitor: newsletters and marketing communication
- WordPress: Support chat services on Mooveteam webpage
- Pipedrive: Account requests and sales management
- Wingest: invoicing and accounting
11. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As a small business we use third party services to protect your data. These may be built into other services that we pay for such as web hosting or the use of game applications such as Mooveteam.
For specific information about the Mooveteam platform please see https://www.mooveteam.com/privacy-policy/
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. Where clients are under 16 we would require parental consent and supervision.
It is first and foremost EscapeTrails responsibility to ensure that the game is set up in a way that does not collect any personal or potentially harmful information from the children playing the game.
Furthermore it is our responsibility to actively monitor results pages for this game and take necessary steps to remove personal content that is potentially harmful to Players.
We try to monitor result pages of individual games to the best of our abilities. However, if you find that result page includes information that should be removed please contact us at email@example.com.
13. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES